Good Morning everyone no rant today. Thank god. I just wanted to share with you the things that I do different now that I am not working. It's almost been a year since I left my job.
1. I wash my own hair saving $40-60 for the month since I tend to go to the hair dresser twice a month.
2. I am having more no spend days since I stopped working because I go out less and there for I don't spend money.
3 I have no need for new clothes so the clothes in my closet is find. I am wearing them to death. Some of my clothes have holes in them since I wear them all the time and I like holes in my clothes it makes me feel free. Saving money by not having to purchase clothes for work.
4. I still eat out but now I have time to find the coupons that go with the places that I want to eat out at . Before when I was working I would just eat out and say to heck with a coupon.
5. I am more watchful of where I spend my money since I will not be able to make it back so easily. so buying on impulse is out for me for now. I look closely at my credit cards purchases and all house bills coming in to make sure the charges are correct. If not they get a call from me about crazy charges believe me they will not be happy.
6. I love to gamble. I now have a gambling allowance of $20 for the month instead of the $200 I had when I was working. All my winning from gambling when I do win goes in to saving and back into my gambling fund.($20)
7. When I go to flea markets and garage sales I look for things to re-sell and I look for gifts to give. I have a garage sale budget of $20. Going to garage sales and flea markets is also my entertainment and my exercise. So I am killing 3 birds with one stone, looking for resale merchandise, entertaining myself with people and the stuff I see plus I am working a lot.
8. My entertainment cost is zero I don't go to the movies I have a ton of movies that my co- worker gave me while I was working. I read a lot and I use my computer for games, TV shows, reading and movies. Everything all in one. The cost of our computer being on the internet is less then $20 bucks a month.
9. Traveling I will say I spend money on. But I look for good bargains, discounts and whatever I can get for free I go for it. For example this year I am going to Canada for $800 I will get on board credit of $200 and save on air fare because the boat leaves from New York.
So that's my saving story, what do you think?