Friday, September 3, 2021

Thanks Hurricane Ida



  Hello all well here's the story for the week. I have never worked so hard as I have done this week.  Yesterday I worked mopping, scooping water , cleaning bathrooms. all because Hurricane Ida hit New York and   flooded a lot of my area's basements with water. Thank god it was my rental and the basement was empty just tiled flooring and nothing else to much. Well my neighbor  told me that the water was coming out of the toilets in the basements  and it kept coming because of the heavy downpour of rain  Ida had given us. Thanks Ida or mother nature.

Anyway my rental basement damage was enough  that we worked  cleaning the floor as much as we could of the  dirt and left over  water . The water smelled like fish it was nasty.  Thank god my mother installed a  french drain in the basement years ago because we use to get a lot of water in the basement. The French drain pumps  the water into a big barrel in the basement and then it takes the water in the barrel and pumps it out into the street from under the house.  That saved me from seeing a swimming pool in my basement when I got  there. Oh yea my rental home is the house I use to live in if I forgot to tell you that. Now the problem is  I have to call a plumber because the switch on the hot water heater was damaged because of the high water. Also I need to check the washing machine and dryers system so much to do. It's a hot mess.

While working  on clean up was bad  it could have been worse. I will call my insurance company to see what they can do. I know  it's time to sell. Let somebody else have a turn  cleaning up water in the basement. I have done it for years and I am tired.

                                                    That's My story What do you think?

                                                     https://coinqueensyardsale.ecrater.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment