Sunday, March 8, 2015

Is It Worth It?

Is it worth it to return bottles anymore?. The reason I ask is that I had 2 bags  of plastic bottles that I wanted to return for the money of course. Well this is how that went. We get to the plastic bottle return station and of course it's full with people who have shopping carts full of plastic bottle, cans and glass. For my money I will wait. Hey 5 cents is 5 cents and I figure I had at least $5 worth of  returns which I could use. After waiting  for about 15 minutes we get to use the machine that takes plastic bottles after 10 minutes the machines stops running. We thought the machine was broke but a guy behind us tells us that you just need to open the machine up and shake it. He comes over and does just that to our machine and when the machine started to work again he takes his plastic bottles and starts putting them in to the machine. Like we were not just standing there using it before it broke down. My partner got mad and wanted to say to hell with it and leave  but I told him let's just wait until he finished.  When we finished depositing all of our plastic bottles our  total  came to  $1.65. All of that frustration and aggravation for less then $2. Really?  So my question to you is bottle return really worth it?? On to some good news.... I won $14 in lottery scratch off tickets today so that will give me a boost in my $2 challenge. So what do you think??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment