Saturday, December 9, 2023

I Hate Mess


  Hello all well heres' the story for the week. I Hate Mess!!  Being older I hate to see mess of any kind. My contractor came a couple of days ago and he left a mess. Mind you I am paying him to clean up the mess. But since he had concrete work to do, he left the concrete bags the old garage door that he replaced, the old window he replaced. He even left his coffee cups that were empty on the floor. Did I mention I hate mess. So, when he left, I had to go outside and pickup what I could so the backyard where he's working will look a bit neat. He's not finished with the work, but I will be telling him when he comes back to try and be neater next time.

I go and check on my empty rental house once a week to make sure there are no problems that need to be taken care of. The house as of next year would be on the market for 3 years. I am really thinking about renting it for a year. Just to recoup the money I have spent to maintain it. I am talking energy, water, property taxes etc. Just the basic bills are costing me about $10,000 for the year that I don't have. So, renting it might be an option since the buying market for houses suck right now with the interest rates going up.

Is it just me but I am not feeling the holidays this year. What about you? Shopping for gifts and spending money is the least of my concerns with construction bills, basic housing maintenance bills, food bills, medical bills out the.... well, you know. All these bills are killing me and making me depressed. So, holiday shopping is not even on my mind this year. Besides I am a cheapskate I just send gift cards and I am done.

                                              That's my story what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment