Saturday, December 2, 2023

Dec Already???


 

Hello all well here's the story this week. It's December already and to me nothing is done. My 2nd home is still on the market. I know the economy is bad and people are not buying but it's going on 3 years now. Can a sista get some kind of offer on it. Also living in an old house t like I do that has 30-year-old appliances means that they will break down like my dishwasher did yesterday. I mean it still works but the springs that keeps the door closed is starting to act up. Meaning I need a new dishwasher. Which I really don't want because when I was growing up, I was the dishwasher in my household. Never had a dishwasher didn't need one back in the day.

So how was your Thanksgiving. Mine was quite had to throw out a ham that I had for over 5 years. Yes, it was on sale when I purchased it and I had it frozen, but the ham was dry as sand. No matter what I did to make it sweet. It still came out dry. So, I had to throw it out. I hate wasting food. Food cost too much to waste even if you did buy it on sale.

Told you about my contractor that now has a new deposit from me for work to be done on my old house. Well, he supposed to come after thanksgiving to start the work. I will be bugging him this week. So I can get a date for him to start his work since he got a check from me of $2000 as a deposit. Which I couldn't afford in the first place to give him. But my house is falling down, and you need money to put it back together. Thank god it's nothing major that needs to be repaired or I would really be in trouble. We are getting a new garage door, cement work done and some corking and trimming around the house. It's still expensive.

My washing machine went out a couple of weeks ago along with my freezer. I thought I had to get a new washing machine, but when the freezer went out I panicked there's a lot of food in the freezer that could go bad if it goes out. Thankfully my neighbor whos' aa electrician  came over and fixed the problem. It pays to have good neighbors especially when you in a crisis.

                                                      That's My Story What Do You Think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment