Saturday, January 31, 2015

To Pay Or Not!





                                         
                                                
This is the debate for the week. I live in a neighborhood that has yearly association fees of $25. It's not mandatory that you pay them it's a suggestion. This money that the association collects helps the neighborhood when it comes to certain repairs in the neighborhood. They  have a community   newsletter that tells you what's going on in the neighborhood, hold events like wine tasting,street fairs ( which as a member you can set up a table to sell stuff for free). They also try and help if there is minor problems in the neighborhood. I have talked to the Associations president many times and he's nice but he's doesn't do anything or offer any positive advice when I went to him about things relating to my neighborhood. Well the debate is this the bill for the association is due and I say  don't pay it. For my $25 they have done nothing for me. My partner says we have not paid for the last 2 years.  I said "so what"! they have not done anything to deserve our money.  What would you do? Pay the association fees out of loyalty for the neighborhood or don't pay them because they don't do enough for your $25 that warrants the money?
                                                                So what do you think???




   

No comments:

Post a Comment