Wednesday, January 21, 2015

That's All I Make!!!

 
My partner and I were going over some documents today and he came across one of my paychecks. Then the trouble started he figured out  what I was making an hour after all of my deductions. It was $3.50 an hour which adds up to  $24.50 a day. Mine you I had a lot of deductions coming out of my check which included  taxes/ insurance/union dues/ medical/ saving/checking account, my investment/retirement. So that was why my hourly rate was so small. But then my partner started adding up what I spent in a day  which was $22.50 for transportation with the long island rail road being $20 one way and  mass transit being $2.50 one way that adds up to $22.50 daily. I know what your saying why spend so much on the long island rail road when you can take mass transit both ways for $2.50 cents each way. Because I have a medical condition that would not allow me to use mass transit going home. So I spent the extra money to get home faster because of it. As far as lunch I use to bring my own breakfast and lunch and even  extra stuff to eat from home.  So no money was spent there  basically I made $24.50 daily spent $22.50 daily which leaves me with $2 to spend anyway I wanted. I felt rich with that extra  $2 that I had. My needs were basic like I really did not buy or want anything.    My basic bills and food were covered by my partner and I was saving  most of my working money for my retirement. So with all that being said if I can make it on $24.50 a day then anything that I make not working that job will be a blessing and think of it this way I am really saving $22.50 a day and my health is getting better  because I don't have to travel so much anymore. So it's really a win win situation.  what do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment