Friday, January 2, 2015

To Expensive!

 
Happy 2015 everybody. Hope that your New Years was just as good and quite as mine. Well let me tell you what happen today. I received a statement in the mail from my partners drug plan company. Since I have no drug coverage of my own I am now covered under his plan( thank god) I looked at the drug statement and just for my drugs alone which is about 2 different kinds I am a diabetic and I need to take these bills. Well we paid $20 for the two bottles out of pocket, but the real cost of the drugs were $601.01. I Had to do a double take on how much prescription medication cost. That is why it's so important that you have some kind of drug plan to cover your drugs. If I were not on my partners plan I would have been on my employers plan which would have cost me about the same amount $15 out of pocket. But If I had no plan then I had no medication because with very little money coming from  on my part  there is no way I could afford my medication. If I really had to have my meds then I   would have dipped into my saving account which I would really not want to do. Now I see how people living on a fixed income have to make the choices to eat or medicate. That's a hard choice for anybody. So what do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment