Friday, January 24, 2020

Court

 

Hello all well here's the story for today. I am finally finished with my court issue. I went to small claims court yesterday because I had a rental tenant who wanted her security deposit back. So they took me to court. We went to an arbitrator  instead of a judge because if we had to wait for a judge we might not get seen until April sometimes. I felt that was way to long for  a case that's  under $5000.

So the arbitrator wanted to call it a wash I keep the security deposit and I would not charge the tenant for the last months rent  that she owed me plus the damages to the house she made. which happen to be more then her $2000 security deposit.  The tenant said no she wanted all of her security deposit back. So the arbitrator stated that they would send me a letter in 14 days of the decision. I said fine with me. I have gotten to the point that life is to short to argue over money.

                                                 So that's my story what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment