Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pension Reality


Hey Everyone. Well Here's my story for the week so far. Yesterday I got my statement from my City pension system. ( I worked for New York City For 20 years)This statement tells you  when you can collect your city pension, how much per year you will be getting and at what age. This is a pension that I will be getting for the rest of my life. Well..... When I saw how much money I would be getting monthly about $1300. It shocked me and not in a good way. You forget that I live in New York and it's expensive. This statement gave me a real wake up call that I have 8 years to get my ass in gear and add more to the investments that I already have outside of my pension. I do not want to be a bag lady at 65. That's not even an option for me. I have to find ways to add more money to my investments while still enjoying my life. Got any suggestions??

On to other news I am looking in to December cruises. I want a holiday cruses out of New York. I see a few that I am looking into but the price for me has to be right. I need more bang for my buck and these cruses will be expensive bucks. I will let you know who and where I go later.
On that note what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment