Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Good & Bad

Image result for good & Bad 
Hello everyone, hope that everyone is having a good week so far. As for me I have good and bad to share with you today. The bad first. I got my pension statement from my job yesterday and after working for 20 years I have a pension of $18,000. a year that's 1500. a month. All I could say after looking at that statement is Really?? I have worked for  20 years and this is all I have in a pension? I know that I should be grateful it is a lifetime pension but I felt that if  the city that I worked for allowed us to continue contributing to our pension instead of cutting us off at 10 years then we would have accumulated more in the long run. This is why I had  my outside IRA's and investments for just that reason. I tried to explain this to my co-workers that our pension would not be enough to retire and live off of , but they would not listen,because if you live in a city like New York our cost of living is expensive and $1500. a month will not be enough to meet your basic needs.
Bad News. When did front doors and back doors get to be so expensive??? Since my front and back door needs replacing I decided to get them done at a cost of $1400 for the two doors. Is it me or is that expensive? I have to get them done because my front and back door is over 40 years old and it's  starting to show their ages and for security reasons I feel more secure with a stronger build door. Now it's thinking about where is this door  money coming from is the question??
Good New I won $40 on my lottery tickets Yea. Also I got a nice income tax refund which allowed me to invest $250 toward my stocks. Yes I am still investing even thought I am not bringing in a paycheck like I use to. I invest because that's the only thing that is giving me more interest  then my saving account . That's the good and bad of this week.So what do you think??? 


No comments:

Post a Comment