Monday, April 6, 2015

Just A Thought!

I was in Home Depot the other day looking at front doors  when I met this nice Home Depot worker named Gloria. She talked to me about front doors, and other things I was interested in knowing about. Well we got to talking about working for Home Depot and she stated that she had been  working for them for 3 months and she liked it. She also stated that her girlfriends works for them 2-3 days a week. So I got to thinking that I could work for Home Depot  part-time maybe 20-25 hours a week. It's close to my home and the cost to me would be about $25 a week in gas. No lunch money because I would bring food and coffee from home. I estimated that Home Depot pays $10 an hour so if I worked 20 hours after taxes I would make $150 a week. After gas money I would have $125. weekly for myself. That's not bad Until......... My partner  told me first of all  I just left my job 9 months ago and that  we have things to do around the house before I get a job. Second  he asked me do I really need and want a job before we get a chance to travel like we planned to do this summer. Also would the $150 really make a huge difference in my lifestyle now meaning would it add to it in anyway.  Lastly he pointed out that I like to sleep late go to bed late and that my life would not be my own home depot would own it. He made some valid points. So I am waiting until near the holidays to rethink a home depot job. So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment