Sunday, February 24, 2019

Collections!!

 Hello all well here's my story for the week...


Collections are nice to do but a B***H to get rid of. Here's some example of what I am talking about.  For the last 5 years I have been collecting vintage Barbie dolls. I wanted my childhood back. Well really my old Barbie's so I started collecting them. Needless to say I have over 200 vintage dolls, doll cases etc.  Here's the kicker part when I  try and sell my  Barbie's  so that I can use the money for other things. Nobody wants  to pay the price that I want for them. I was going to donate  them but I need the money more. So I have to wait. I have seen where a women was selling her Barbie collection at our local flea market and she to told me she was having a hard time selling them for the price she wanted. So what she did was lower her price to rock bottom and they sold. She took a loss on the Barbie's of course.

Here's another example of where collecting sucks. My partner has collected coins most of his life. So when we went to do inventory on them we realized they had to go. It was way to much. But when we investigated where to sell them. We found not to many coin dealers in the state that we live in and also it's hard to get rid of coins nowadays. The coin dealer we talked to told us that nobody is buying coins and since nobody is buying coins it's hard to sell them for good prices. So we are now trying to figure out what to do with boxes and boxes of coins. 

This is why collections in my opinion suck.

  That's my story what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment