Sunday, August 30, 2026

Back!!


  Hello all, I'm back and here's my story for the week. I'm back from a 7-day trip in Bermuda on the NCL Agua. One of NCL's larger, newer ships. Can I say it looked like a shopping mall on water?  First thing, my balcony room had an obstructed view of the water; I saw part of the stupid water slide this cruise ship seems to want to have. Mind you, the cruise line spent millions of dollars on this ship, and their theater was too small to accommodate over 4,0000 people, and let's not talk about the specialty restaurants that came with your cruise package. I waited in a two-hour line only to be told I only get one out of the three that I was supposed to get because they were all booked up for the entire trip. So, what you're saying is I paid you for specialty restaurants, which were supposed to be free, but really they're not, and I can only have one out of three? Really??? Not to mention the shows on the ship were horrible, along with the food. You spend all this money building a ship and forgot to spend the extra on quality food and shows again, really???

 The ship next to the NCL Aqua, which is on the right, is Royal Caribbean. I heard complaints about her as well from the people traveling on her. Cruising used to be fun and cheap. Now it's expensive and more stressful than it used to be. I like cruising, but it's not worth the hassle of the money for me anymore. Did I mention that every chance they get, they try to sell you something. We had drinks too cheap to buy the drink page at $500 for two people for 7 days. Well, the drinks I ordered cost me $18 each, $36 for two drinks. Really? I can get a whole bottle for that with change left over.

If you're cruising, find the best deal and make sure to bring extra money so you won't get sticker shock when you see how expensive things are; that goes for Bermuda too. That place is just as expensive. 

                         Well, that's my story so far. What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment