Sunday, November 19, 2023

Helping Family

 

 Hello all well here's the story for the week. Helping family is hard. I know I'm trying to do that now. I have an aunt in her 80's that needs help with housing and her husband who has dementia. They are both struggling to find their way. Her more then him because she's trying to help him as best she could. But she needs help also. Their house needs major repairs and she gets taken  advantage of more then I care to remember. I always plead with her to let me help her but she refuses my help. This is frustrating to me on so many levels. You can't force someone to take help if they refuses it, but if you see they need help badly what do you do?

It's the holiday season coming up soon and I am not feeling any of it. If it was up to me I would just buy a cheap chicken get some side have a sweet potato pie and call it a day. I am ok passing on the family stuff . Since my family is far and few between. Meaning it's only like 3-4 of us still around. I am a quite person so I prefer the alone time for the holidays. All I need is  a good book, small dinner and  good desert.

So far the weather in New York has been good and the business of sell which I do to make extra money is slow. I sell collectable toys. While everything else that I'm trying to sell is slow as well but you know the rental selling house story. If my second home dosen't sell by next year. I might rent it out for the year just to recoup some of the money I am spending on  the house just to maintain it. I will let you know what I decide later. Happy thanksgiving be safe, happy and enjoy.

                                       That's my story What do you think?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment