Monday, September 17, 2018

Scary



Hello all well here's my scary story for the week. I got my hospital bill in and it was something to scream about. I had surgery  Aug 1. I stayed in the hospital for about 6 hours. That's all the insurance would pay for. So the hospital bill comes in this week for the hospital stay , the anesthesiologist, the surgery room  the drugs everything that I used in the hospital. The bill came to ……..$20,879.50 if that don't make you scream I don't know what would.

Thank god I mean really thank god for insurance all I had to pay was $200. The insurance company only gave the hospital $12,000. for everything. Which is still a lot in my book. I can really see why people don't want to go to the doctors or afraid to get sick. It's to expensive.

If I had to pay that bill out of pocket I would be down at the hospital billing office telling them my sad financial story and see if they could put me on a payment plan of like $10-15 a month. You know it could take me a couple of years to pay it off and I hope that during that time I don't get sick again where I need more surgery.

This country has to do a better job with our health care system. Our  health care should be free for all that are citizens and add dental care and drugs that  we need to stay health to the list to .  Just like other countries have we need it to.

                                                              So what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment