Saturday, July 25, 2026

Social Security Talk


 

Hello all, well here is my story for the week. I went to a Social Security lecture with dinner. Given by the bank that I use. The Social Security information was interesting; the speakers talked about the basics of when you start to collect Social Security. What the speakers was basically saying. If you have a pension. Are in good health and don't need the money. Collect your Social Security at the age your supposed to. He even suggested waiting until you're 70 to collect. Personally, for me that's crazy to wait that long. At 67, I'll get my full benefits and not a reduced rate. The speaker also said if you need the money, then collect your Social Security at 62. But the reduction you get for collecting it early, even when you get to be, say, 67 for me, for example, would never get bumped up to what I should have normally gotten if I would have waited to collect at 67. Basically, with Social Security it's a numbers game, and you have to sit down and see where your finances are before you decide to collect. And what kind of reduction you will get if you take it at certain ages.  In my opinion, Social Security, even though you have paid into it for a million years. It's your money you're getting back. They still want to dish out how much you get. When you get it and tax the heck out of you for it. Crazy right?

When the speakers started talking about the medical part of Social Security, that's where everybody got lost. Bottom line: when you're ready to collect Social Security make an appointment and sit down and talk to someone who works for Social Security. Then you can make a decision based on your financial needs and life.

Me, I'm collecting the medical part of Social Security as soon as I can. I have medical conditions that require ongoing medical bills. Thank God for my partner's medical insurance. Which covers me, but I still need that medical coverage from Social Security. The dinner they served at the lecture was Mexican. It was good and free you know I like free.

                                            So that's the story so far what do you think?    

                                                https://coinqueensyardsale.ecrater.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment