Thursday, February 26, 2015

I Almost Forgot!

                                     
                                       
   
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday. She had retired last year in October 2014. She reminded me that we had an annuity at the job and she was pulling hers out to put into her bank's IRA. I had almost forgotten about this money. We have about $900 in the annuity. It started out at $500 some 15 years ago now it's about $900. That was a running joke at our office every time  the statement came in we would takes bets of how much it was. I knew the interest this annuity was paying  for the past 15 years was a joke. I could have done better if they would have just given me the $500 dollars so that I could invest it myself in something paying better interest. Oh well I am grateful for the money. I had to call the company that we have the annuity with so that they can  send me the paper works so I  can transfer that money it into something that's paying more interest then what's it in now. Hopefully in the next 10 years instead of having just $900 I would make at least $2000 or more with that money. On to other things would you take a food item back if it was spoiled or would you just say forget it  and lose the money? That is the debate me and my partner are having right now. We purchased some potato salad last night which was spoiled it cost $1.95. I say throw it away he says return it  and get  the money back. What would you do???

No comments:

Post a Comment