Thursday, March 30, 2023

New York Rips You Off


 Hello all well here's the story for the week. Stay away from New York!! They are getting crazy and I will tell you why. I needed to replace my old gas stove with a new one. I went to Lowe's and Best Buy looking for stoves. Lowe's is cheaper they are selling stoves for around $500 compared to the thousands that I saw in other stores. Anyway, the salesperson in Lowe's told me that with gas stoves in New York they can deliver them, but you need a permit to get it installed. Say what Now??? That's the new rule you need a permit to have a gas stove in New York city and if you live in the outer broughs.  The permit you need cost a couple hundred dollars. Then you need a plumber to hook up your gas stove which is another couple of hundred dollars and finally the delivery charges. So, my $500 gas stove is now over $1,000, That's crazy!

What happen to buying a stove and having the delivery people install it.  Them days are gone. New York City has a racket going. Where now I have to get a permit for a gas stove. Now if I wanted an electric stove, I could get it delivered, hooked up without all the extras that I have to do to get a gas stove.

It's Crazy right. So that's My story What Do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment