Tuesday, August 7, 2018

My Tenant


 Hello all well here's the story for the week. I am kinda sad because my Tenant which is very good and she has a good spirit. Which is rare in people told me that by October she might be moving. I hate the thought of going through the process of getting somebody new that I might or might not have problems with. This tenant and her family are so nice. I don't have any problems with them and she pays on time. She keeps the place neat and clean. Her and her  family are just nice people. She will be missed by me. I have had some crazy and bad tenants in the time that I became a landlord.  My first tenant I felt sorry for her and I let her rent from me. Big mistake. Her rent was always late, she called me all the time for the simplest stuff. Also one time my basement in the rental house got flooded. Me and my partner ran over there. We stayed in the basement cleaning up the water for 4 hours. The tenant did not help and I personally knew her. She had been living in the neighborhood  when I was living in the house.

The house when she left was a wreck It smelled of  piss and  incense . The refrigerator was black with mold inside and she broke my toilet among other things.  I had to pay a lot of money to have it  my house cleaned up  and repaired. Then  she skipped out on last months rent that she owed. I said never again. The tenants after that were always angry. They  never payed on time and demanded that I be there at their beck and call when something in the house broke. Needless to say It took me two years with them back and forth in court because of the security deposit. I was glad to get rid of them 

Now this last tenant again I will miss this family, I am hoping she stays another year. She's the only good tenant that I have and I need her and her family to stay. I know I sound  selfish but when you got something good you want to keep it. So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment