Friday, September 22, 2017

Volunteering Part 2


Hello All well here's Part 2 on my volunteering for the WE Event I told you about. This event was held at the Theater in Madison Square Gardens. There were a lot of Junior high school kids  their parents, teachers it was about 300 people. First this organization  WE was a little unorganized. They had a lot of volunteers and did not know what to do with them. Mind you we had training on Monday and by Wednesday everything had changed. Go figure.
The event itself was good Whoopi Goldberg, African Choir, Chelsey Clinton ( that's her in the picture) The Prime Minster of Canada the crowd  cheered for him like he was a rock star.




Over all it was an experience. The breakfast they served the volunteers was coffee, juice a granola bar and apples. I kid you not. The lunch was no better it was Vegan. What the heck is Vegan anyway. I tell you this group who ran this even do not believe in food. We New Yorker's like to eat food food.

As I said it was a great experience one that I would probably not do again  with this group since overall it cost me about $40 bucks in transportation and food to eat. Beside that I did not get that personal feeling of satisfation that one get from volunteering with this event.

 That's my story what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment